Collaborative and social intranet for all group employees
The Bylink project aimed to bring together on a single platform the holding company intranet, the group intranet and the Yammer collaborative network.
Ultimately, the goal was to create a unique user experience (UX) on a digital platform that connected a variety of services and 70,000 potential users.
Bouygues is a diversified industrial group operating in three markets:
- Construction with Bouygues Construction, Bouygues Immobilier and Colas
- Telecoms with Bouygues Telecom
- Media with TF1, the number 1 French television channel.
A single foundation for the group’s overall intranet requirements
Built with eZ Publish, this platform is designed to provide a complete user experience covering internal communication (structured by market), services (directories, access to applications, etc.) and collaborative work via the Yammer corporate social network.
Strong integration with Yammer, Bouygues’ corporate social network
Examples of the type of unified user experiences that the project will deliver include:
- Progress of notifications
- Viewing a Yammer profile
- Contextualized visualization of a Yammer stream on a page
- Sharing of resources
- Other search (Intranet + Yammer).
Customized user experiences based on authentication
Customized UX was determined by user profiles and allowed two types of access:
- Access without authentication to the intranet
- Simple authentication to Yammer, based on the Yammer API.
Agile project management
The project presented multiple challenges:
- a 6-month deadline
- the organization itself (the project involved all subsidiaries)
- the need to ensure a continuity of service
- and high technical requirements (taking over existing applications, integration of Yammer, a complex authentication system,...).
An agile approach allowed for management and branch representatives to be involved in key decisions and operational solutions.
systems to integrate
months of project
“The collaboration with Kaliop was very positive, both in terms of project management and results. We replaced three obsolete, heterogeneous systems with a single, innovative platform that offers transparent access to the intranet and collaborative tools.
Kaliop worked towards a high level of integration to allow for simplified access to collaborative tools directly via the intranet. The latter became the access point for our corporate social network and we got some great feedback from users.”
“The commitment and dynamism of the Kaliop teams were key factors in the success of the project.