Built using the Professional Open Source model, Magento benefits from the best of both worlds: a very dynamic Open Source community that gives it a strong functional richness and the availability of significant resources across the world.
An Enterprise version used by the world’s largest merchants gives it the stability & sustainability that is expected with a technology investment in an e-commerce project.
In 8 years, Magento has established itself as the leading Open Source solution in its market:
- 200,000 merchant sites across the globe, generating an annual turnover of over $50 billion
- 300 partners and 60,000+ developers
- The Enterprise version maintained and supported by the editor for high turnover sites
- Recognized as the no1 solution by Internet Retailer Top 1000, Internet Retailer B2B eCommerce 300 guide and Internet Retailer Hot 100
Every extra second won in terms of the speed that web pages load can convert to an additional 10% of turnover (source: Amazon). A fast site is therefore a site that sells not only more, but also sells better. Quanta, one of our technology partners, is a French solution that has become leader in Performance solutions with Magento. Quanta provides an effective response to this need through:
- Identification of areas where an e-commerce site slows down
- Real-time measurement of a site’s capacity to handle incoming traffic and its evolution over time to anticipate peaks in traffic
- Key functions’ availability monitoring (including sales funnel).
- User experience: faster response time, in particular via a native integration of Varnish and a kernel restructuring
- Administration: redesign of the back-office, including management of the product data sheets
- Upgradability: addition of a device for continuous integration (tests automation)
- Integration with your information system: strengthening of the API and a new service-oriented architecture (SOA).
Putting in place a multi-channel strategy (physical shops, paper catalog, e-commerce site) involves the implementation of a PIM in order to ensure the coherence and synchronization of data between different channels and your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Akeneo is one of the PIM solutions of reference:
- Shops with an annual turnover of €1m-100m
- Multi-store projects (multi-pay, multi-lingual, multi-currency, … )
- Important integration issues of IS (PIM, ERP, CRM, ...)
- Cross-channel strategy.
Soon is the e-commerce agency of the Kaliop group. For 12 years, it has been at the heart of national and international brands’ e-commerce projects (Paule Ka, Undiz, bocage, Isotoner, Cléor, TBS, Okaidi, Veolia…)
- E-merchandising strategy
- Design and Customer Experience
- Deployment of Magento and performance optimization
- Information Systems integration, PIM deployment (Akeneo)
Which projects for Magento?
Magento can tackle large scale e-commerce projects, for e-tailers who already have one or several e-commerce experiences and a real e-commerce strategy :
- Shops with an annual turnover of £1M-£100M
- Multi-store projects (multi-pay, multi-lingual, multi-currency…)
- Heavy integration requirements (PIM, ERP, CRM...)
- Multi-channel strategy
- Expertise by Soon by Kaliop
- Silver Magento partner
- Many contributions to the product and the community
- Created in 2008
- Released under an OSL ou Entreprise license
- 200,000 shops across the world
- 300 partners
- 60,000+ developers in the world