eZ Publish Online Editor Video Tutorial
A video tutorial showing the WYSIWYG editing capabilities available in eZ Publish.
eZ Publish Administration Interface
eZ Publish have several content editing modes, the main one being administration interface, which is set as default during installation.
This rich interface allows users to manage all system components and is designed for all types of contributors according to their rights previously configured and assigned. Here is a simulation of the classic editorial organization:
- "Administrator" profile: can set all the parameters of the CMS, up to the most technical such as configuring the rights, workflow, RSS or construction of data entry forms
- "Webmaster" profile: can edit all contents stored in the CMS, for all sites powered, in all languages. It also manages users and access rights to content editing in a team of editors. It validates pending contents according to the configured workflow.
- "Contributor" profile: can edit a section of content, eg bounded by a tree (only news), or a language (French version only)
Contribution to the contents provides all the components of a rich publishing activity:
- "Tailor made data entry forms" for different types of content (articles, news, business profiles, products, photos, videos, etc..)
- "Rich data types," such as video embedding, google maps, autocompletion tags
- "WYSIWYG editing" perfectly integrated into the CMS (automatic link to the library, internal link, relations between contents, custom tags), and storing only XML. The HTML output is customizable and can be xHTML, HTML5, XML or other textual or tagged output
- Automatic (resize) or manual (crop, flip, blur) "media editing" using the eZ image editor
- "Portal editing mode" with eZ Flow (choosing a layout, free positioning of blocks, selection of contents, queue contents, preview time)
- Automatic "history" of content, with a comparison between versions (WIKI fashion)
- Management of "language" associated with each content
- Management of "relations between contents'
- Management of the "preview"
- Management of "Trash"
- Management of "favorites" and subscriptions to "notifications" by email on the publishing activity