Our choices for mobility
Kaliop invests in Android (the mobile operating system from Google), for the quality of its API, the quality of its business model (Open Source), and its incredible growth and dissemination potential. Kaliop also invests in the PhoneGap project which is intended to unify models of application developments between the main platforms on the market
Mobile / Multichannel
Kaliop technological innovation for mobility
With 19 million mobile users in 2012 (Source: Médiamétrie), the mobile is an indispensable support to include into any web strategy. Kaliop invests heavily in this area through innovative projects and technologies in order to accommodate mobile users.
- Front end side: "Mobile compliant" and responsive webdesign, mobility features (geolocation, ...)
- CMS side: eZ Publish allows to power mobile versions on a common base of content: content / container strict separation, natively multi-site architecture, multi-channel publishing
The strategy to be adopted is not just that of a content distributor, but also that of an application publisher. Kaliop supports you on this issue:
- What is the monetization model? (Free, paid, capitalization, advertising ...)
- What is the third promotion mode of the application? (Web, news media ...)
- What commercial differentiation
- What are the means to ensure the life and update cycle of the application?
- Choice of CMS, it should be capable of providing structured data not shown (XML, JSON)
- Choice of platform: Android vs. iPhone vs. unified platform (eg Phone gap)
Multicast of the Cofinoga merchant offers catalog (web, mobile, widget)