Institutional platform aimed at eight sites of regional research centers
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement
Corporate portal and website factory
Scope of Project
- > 100 websites generated,
- 28 websites existing from redesign
- eZ Publish 4x
- eZ Find
Background & stakes
The existing corporate site of IRD (created in January 2001) no longer fits the Internet landscape nor the image and organization that IRD wants to develop for their targets.
The development of a technical platform for the management of the corporate portal is initiated, as well as the generation of sites from 80 representations and 30 research units. Many stakes are associated with this project:
- Editorials: very high volume of existing contents in a context of editorial contents reengineering, existence of 28 websites, content sharing between the corporate website and the sites generated.
- Ergonomic: Multiple navigation systems: by profile, theme, keywords, hierarchy, dedicated areas, ...
- Functional: Chains of complex content publishing, based on IRD organization: services, units sites, representations sites.
- From a technical design perspective, the ambition of a sites generator implies a pre-engineering design capable of accommodating sites generation features.
- Cache management is also a highly technical stake.
- Finally, strong constraints are related to compliance with the RGAA Accessibility repository.
Results & contributions of Kaliop
Kaliop implements a multi-expert team for this project, to ensure a strong consistency in recommendations and deliverables at each stage of design: editorial, ergonomic, engineering, development. A team with high experience (> 8 years) and a complete mastery of the eZ Publish solution is mobilized in the long run.
The successful collaboration with the client (CIO and Director of Communications) leads Kaliop to assist the client with handling this new technology towards users and side projects (intranet, ...)
Mission accomplished for this major portal. The deployment schedule is met, and the later phases of the project can be achieved, namely the deployment of sites generated.
- The IRD’s contribution to training includes formal teaching, supervising doctoral students and provision of grants for doctoral students
- The IRD puts its whole strategy of research in an international dimension
- Institut de recherche pour le développement